Role Overview We are currently looking for a Data scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Berkshire area. As the Data Scientist, you will be responsible for driving translational decision making across the business through data processing, analytical plans, and target identification techniques.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Your duties as the Data scientist will be varied however, the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Using data for biomarker discovery, target validation, and patient stratification
2. Interpret, analyse, and process data from various research projects.
3. Using cutting edge technology to develop new methods and approaches.
Role Requirements To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Data Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and history:
1. Relevant PhD in Data Science or equivalent experience
2. Proven understanding of statistics, data mining, and visualisation of biological data as well as an understanding of machine learning techniques.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with omics data, advanced computational skills such as operating in a UNIX environment, cloud based platforms, and proficiency in programming languages R or Python.