Job Reference: J5634354
Updated On: 26/01/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Data Sourcing Lead to join the research division of a leading pharmaceutical company based in the South of England. The Data Sourcing Lead you is a newly created role to ensure that there is a continual supply of new and innovative data sources for the use of new drug development
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Data Sourcing Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Data Sourcing Lead you will bring your understanding of the opportunities in this space to support an analytical community through acquiring suitable data resources that meet the standards appropriate to generating true value in drug discovery
2. You will identify opportunities to drive the acquisition of scientifically relevant, high-quality, analytics-ready data, enabling the community to access valuable data sources and derive critical drug development
3. You will be skilled in navigating the operational, organisational, legal/regulatory, technical hurdles and you will be creative in sourcing appropriate data from environments as diverse as commercial vendors, public/private partnerships, healthcare institutions and through collaborative research agreements.
4. In this role you will have a great opportunity to drive the data strategy for a highly passionate and motivated drug discovery team made up of bioinformaticians, data scientists and scientific programmers
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Data Sourcing Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1.A minimum of MSc (or equivalent) in Data Science, Computer Science, IT or an equivalent scientific discipline, a prolonged, intimate relationship with data, a strategic mindset and fearless attitude towards administrative barriers and legal terms.
2. Previous experience with diverse biomedical data curation and management in a relevant life-science sector (pharmaceutical, academic or healthcare).
3. Knowledge of pharmaceutical research and development. Conceptual understanding of health informatics (EMR, claims), bioinformatics (omics), genetics and molecular biology is required.
Other jobs with similar skills
Head of IT
Yorkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Head of IT to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Yorkshire area. As the Head of IT you will be responsible for driving IT transformation and automation...Science
View & Apply
Electronic Bath Records Consultant
Cambridgeshire | £450 - £650 per day
We are currently looking for a Electronic Bath Records Consultant to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Electronic Bath Records Consultant you will be resp...Science
View & Apply
Clinical Imaging Data Scientist
Berkshire | £60,000 - £78,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Clinical Imaging Data Scientist to join the research team of a leading pharmaceutical company based in the South of the UK. As the Clinical Imaging Data Scientist you wi...Science
View & Apply