J5630552Edinburgh CityBiotechnology Science Permanent£20,000 to £25,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time23/11/2018Animal Technician Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Cell Culture Bioassay Immunoassay R&D R&D – Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology R&D – General Science Pre Clinical Research R&D - Preclinical Animal Breeding Animal Husbandry Animal Husbandry - Supervisor / Manager
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Laboratory Technician - R&D We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced scientist to join a growing animal health company based in Edinburgh as Laborat... View Job
Research Scientist We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Research Scientist to join a growing animal health company based in the Edinburgh area. As t... View Job
Account Manager - Biotechnology We are currently looking for an Account Manager Biotechnology to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Account ... View Job
Are you a motivated life scientist looking for an opportunity to work with a growing company in an dynamic role which offers international travel opportunities?
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Development / Field Assistant - Aquaculture to join a growing life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. For the next few years, the role of Development / Field Assistant - Aquaculture will mostly involve providing support for on-going GCP field trials. There will also be periods of office-based time where there will be an opportunity to learn more about pharmaceutical development as well as other development projects within the business.
Whilst in the field, there will be opportunity to learn more about production-scale aquaculture and the challenges they face through interation with farmers as well as hands on experience in treatment of fish using new and innovative technologies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Development / Field Assistant Aquaculture will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Assisting the Development Manager in monitoring on-going field trials - this will involve travel overseas for up to three weeks at a time. Travel will be sporadic so we will be looking for someone who can be flexible.
2. Liaising and communicating with customers and suppliers, from high level managers to site staff.
3. Data gathering and interpretation to aid project development.
4. As well as working in the field, the job will also entail time spent office-based and will afford the opportunity to get involved in a number of different projects at varying stages of development.
5. There are also opportunities to get involved in other projects across the business.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Development / Field Assistant Aquaculture we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a science based subject. In addition to this we will be looking for someone with an interest in aquaculture and/or medicine development.
2. Desirable: (but full training will be provided): Sea survival training, Sea-going medical, GCP training
3. We are looking for a motivated individual who can work well within time restraints/deadlines, communicate well with others of varying levels of responsibility and someone who can be flexible to spend up to three weeks overseas at any one time (you will be working and living at sea).
Key Words: Aquaculture | Pharmaceutical Development | Medicine Development | Field Scientist | Field Based | Vaccine Development | Veterinary
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.