J3813OxfordshireScience Energy Permanent£30,000 to £35,000 per annum - Experience dependantFull Time18/04/2017Chemistry
Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry
Chemistry – Development Chemistry
Chemistry – Formulation Chemistry
Chemistry – Materials Chemistry
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Fuels Team Leader
We are currently looking for a Fuels Team Leader to join an innovative company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Fuels Team Leader you will be res... View Job
We are currently looking for a Fuels Technologist to join an innovative business in the Oxfordshire area that develops and manufactures petroleum addi... View Job
Marine Lubricants Technologist
We are currently looking for a Marine Lubricants Technologist to join an innovative business in the Oxfordshire area that develops and manufactures pe... View Job
We are currently looking for a Development Chemist to join an innovative company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Development Chemist you will be responsible for providing laboratory and other technical support to the Power Transmission Fuels Development Team, collaborating to develop new formulations and deliver fundamental understanding of transmission applications.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Development Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes with guidance from supervisors.
2. Co-ordinate and ensure completion of discrete work elements; arrange package and oil blends, schedule analytical and performance tests, collate and analyse data.
3. Participate in project activity teams, presenting results and conclusions; as well as interact with internal and external contacts to progress projects.
4. Liaise with external service providers to ensure analytical and bench testing are delivered to a high quality standard and against established timelines.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Development Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry or related discipline, with extensive experience of working within a laboratory.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with data analysis packages and word processing software; with the effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills.
3. Proven industry experience in Power Transmission Fuels or similar would be advantageous.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.