Job Reference: J5633919
Updated On: 28/01/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver Models
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver Models to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the North West of England. As the Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver Models you will be responsible for developing in vitro based Liver models for the assessment of Vaccines and Liver Toxicity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with the goal of reducing the need for animal testing. This position offers the opportunity to grow with the company and develop into the Liver Biology Team Leader.
If you have experience with 3D model development, the differentiation iPSCs into Liver cells or are an experienced Hepatologist then please apply to find more about this exciting opportunity.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver Models will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop in vitro cell based liver models for applications and testing of vaccines, Liver toxicity and Liver transport.
2. Lead a small team of Research Technicians in a collaborative project with external partners. You will be the lead contact with the external collaborators and will be responsible for all project interactions including updates and presentation of data.
3. Work collaboratively internally with other departments and have the opportunity to make a significant scientific impact, including the development of new technologies.
4. Plan future projects for yourself and the team and oversee future development strategies for development projects.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver Models we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD or extensive industry experience in the development of In Vitro cell based models where experience of Liver models is desired.
2. Proven industry experience in of Mammalian cell culture, ideally with experience of the differentiation of human iPSCs (Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells) and 3D model development
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical techniques such as DNA / RNA isolation, PCR, RT-qPCR, Western blotting, Flow Cytometry, IHC and Fluorescent Microscopy.
Key Words: Hepatology | Liver Models | 3D Model | iPSC | Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells | In Vitro assay development | Cell based assays | Molecular Analytical Techniques | PCR | RT-qPCR | Flow Cytometry
Other jobs with similar skills
Principal Scientist - Neuroscience
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependent
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Principal Scientist in Neuroscience to join a specialist Life Sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. This is a key role within the business, ...Science
View & Apply
Team Lead - Translational Research / Immunoassays
London | Experience Dependent
HRS are currently looking for a Team Lead - Translational Research / Immunoassays to join a leading Gene Therapy company based in London area. As the Team Lead - Translational Research / Immunoassays ...Science
View & Apply