J4048BerkshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology CRO/CMO PermanentExperience DependentFull Time20/06/2017Biochemistry
Operations – Business Improvement
Operations – Leadership
Production – Management
Executive – Head of Department
Technical Manager - Biopharmaceutical
We are currently looking for a Technical Manager to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Technical Manager you... View Job
Head of Regulatory Affairs
We are currently looking for a Head of Regulatory Affairs to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Head of Regulat... View Job
Head of Quality Assurance
We are currently looking for a Head of Quality Assurance to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the South East of the UK. As the Head of Qu... View Job
We are currently looking for a Director of External Manufacturing to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Director of External Manufacturing you will be responsible for leading the External Manufacturing Relationships team to deliver a robust end to end supply of our client's externally manufactured Speciality Care products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Director of External Manufacturing will be varied with your primary accountability being for developing and managing effective partnerships with a pool of complex business entities (suppliers, CMO's, trading partners and/or licensees). Some of the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Supplier Management - You will be responsible for the end to end supply chain of approximately 10 Speciality Care Products for EU, US and ROW markets to ensure availability of product to our client's customers on time and in full. You will Set the strategic stock holding policies, balancing risk, cost and inventories and be responsible for the S&OP process with the partners to prevent supply disruption to any of the 200+ SKU's.
2. Supplier Optimisation - As the Director of External Manufacturing you will be responsible for management of the delivery of major supply optimisation projects for externally manufactured speciality care products that address a supply issue, mitigate a supply risk or support product growth. This includes matrix management of our client's resource, management of entities and transfer of processes utilising established project management tools. In collaboration with the Corporate Risk Management team responsible for the development and maintenance of Supply Risk Assessments and Business Continuity Plans.
3. Entity Management - You will lead the management of 30-40 External Partners and Internal/External entities to ensure they are an active part of the supply network to enable the sales growth plans of the company. In collaboration with corporate legal, finance, purchasing and relevant stakeholders develop, negotiate and maintain service agreements with the different entities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Director of External Manufacturing we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (i.e. Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, and Chemistry) with proven industry experience managing external partners and / or CMOs with the external manufacturing of Pharmaceutical / Biopharmaceutical products.
2. It is required you would understand the end to end supply chain of highly regulated manufacturing of medicinal products with previous experience in a supply chain / operations management.
3. Those with formal project management and / or operational experience qualifications, will take priority on application (i.e. Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma / Prince2 / PMP ).
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.