Job Reference: J5631994
Updated On: 09/08/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Downstream Development Scientist
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Downstream Process Development Scientist you will provide a scientific and technical support in DSP projects which are involved in the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Downstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform procedures such as tangential flow filtration, chromatography and AKTA purification while supporting downstream process development and process characterisation.
2. It will be your job to liaise with internal staff, making sure to relay information. You will also contribute technical and resource information to project leads in order to help in the preparation of new project proposals and reports.
3. You will be involved in assisting the technology transfer of development and manufacturing information internally or externally with collaborators and clients.
4. As the Downstream Process Development Scientist, it may be your responsibility to train staff when necessary within your area of specialism, and you will ensure all work complies to quality and safety policies as well as cGMP.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science subject (e.g. Biological Sciences, Biological Engineering, Immunotherapy, Biotechnology, Bioprocess, etc.) is essential for this position.
2. Proven industry experience in a Downstream Process Development environment will be highly beneficial to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA purification systems will be necessary for this job. Additional experience in using statistical and mathematical software will be beneficial.
Key Words: Downstream | DSP | Process Development | Bioprocess | Biotherapeutics | Biopharmaceutical | AKTA | Purification | UNICORN | Chromatography | Biotechnology | Scientist | Manufacturing | Optimisation | Characterisation
Other jobs with similar skills
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Edinburgh area. This new role of Project Manager will report directly to the Head of Project Del...Science
View & Apply
Programme Manager - ATMP
London | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Programme Manager to join an exciting Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the Programme Manager you will be responsible for collaboratively genera...Science
View & Apply