J5631254OxfordshireBiotechnology Science Permanent£25,000 to £35,000 per annumFull Time03/04/2019Biochemistry Biochemistry – Purification Biochemistry – Characterisation Biochemistry – Development / Validation Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Head of DSP HRS are currently searching for a Head of Downstream Processing (DSP) to join a fast growing Biopharmaceuitcal company based in Iceland! As the Head o... View Job
Downstream Senior Research Associate We are currently looking for a Downstream Senior Research Associate to join a leading Antibody research company based Cambridgeshire. As the Downstrea... View Job
Director of Process Development We are currently looking for a Director of Process Development to join a leading company based in the North West of England. As the Director of Proces... View Job
We are currently looking for a Downstream Processing Development Scientist to join a leading immunotherapy company based in the Oxford area. As the Downstream Process Development Scientist you will be responsible for developing, optimising, scaling-up and characterising downstream process for manufacturing of bio-therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform procedures such as normal flow filtration, tangential flow filtration and chromatography while supporting downstream process development and process characterisation.
2. It will be your job to execute good documentation practices when writing, reviewing and revising SOPs, protocols, reports and risk assessments.
3. You will be required to troubleshoot equipment and methods within the process development and manufacturing teams.
4. Presenting scientific data and findings to other internal departments will be an important aspect of your role.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science subject (e.g. Biological Sciences, Biological Engineering, Immunotherapy, Biotechnology, Bioprocess, etc.) is essential for this position.
2. Proven industry experience in a Downstream Process Development environment will be highly beneficial to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA purification systems will be necessary for this job. Additional experience in using statistical and mathematical software will be beneficial.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.