Job Reference: J5631254
Updated On: 03/04/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Downstream Process Development Scientist
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading immunotherapy company based in the Oxford area. As the Downstream Process Development Scientist you will be responsible for developing, optimising, scaling-up and characterising downstream process for manufacturing of bio-therapeutics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Downstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform procedures such as normal flow filtration, tangential flow filtration and chromatography while supporting downstream process development and process characterisation.
2. It will be your job to execute good documentation practices when writing, reviewing and revising SOPs, protocols, reports and risk assessments.
3. You will be required to troubleshoot equipment and methods within the process development and manufacturing teams.
4. Presenting scientific data and findings to other internal departments will be an important aspect of your role.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science subject (e.g. Biological Sciences, Biological Engineering, Immunotherapy, Biotechnology, Bioprocess, etc.) is essential for this position.
2. Proven industry experience in a Downstream Process Development environment will be highly beneficial to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA purification systems will be necessary for this job. Additional experience in using statistical and mathematical software will be beneficial.
Key Words: Downstream | DSP | Process Development | Bioprocess | Biotherapeutics | Immunotherapy | AKTA | Purification | UNICORN | Chromatography | Biotechnology | Scientist | Manufacturing | Optimisation | Characterisation
Other jobs with similar skills
Downstream Development Scientist
Essex, Essex, East | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Downstream Development Scientist to join an innovative company based in the Essex area. As the Downstream Development Scientist you will be responsible for the developme...Science
View & Apply
Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist
Salisbury, Wiltshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Downstream Process Development Sci...Science
View & Apply
GMP Operations Manufacturing Manager
Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a GMP Operations Manager to join a leading company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the GMP Operations Manager you will be responsible for the development of the Manufa...Science
View & Apply