Job Reference: J5633755
Updated On: 17/09/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Process Manager to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the County Durham area. As the Downstream Process Manager you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and expertise, as well as managing and developing the Downstream Process team to deliver on medium to large scale and highly complex projects. This will cover the downstream processing of biopharmaceuticals including proteins, viral vectors and nucleic-acid based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial, yeast, insect and/or cell-free systems.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Downstream Process Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for ensuring the Downstream Process team reach goals and deliver on departmental targets. Your management responsibilities will include team support, performance management, recruitment, development and allocation of resources.
2. It will be your responsibility to provide technical leadership for the development of therapeutic biological manufacturing processes, using your expertise to contribute to the design, development and scale-down/scale-up of product purification processes from bench to pilot scale.
3. As the Downstream Process Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Biologics business unit strategy, and will be involved in document writing, data interpretation, presentation and statistical analysis.
4. Your technical expertise will be needed to help develop, optimise, scale-up and characterise primary recovery/separation based processing methods, such as centrifugation and filtration, as well as chromatography-based processing methods, including affinity, IEX, HIC, AKTA, and tangential flow filtration (TFF) techniques.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Process Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science/Engineering discipline (e.g. Bioprocess, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, etc.) will be necessary for your application.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development setting is essential, and will be beneficial partnered with GMP experience. Having leadership experience in this setting is also required.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with purification techniques for therapeutic biologics is essential.
Key Words: Downstream | Purification | Biologics | Biopharmaceutical | Biopharma | Biotechnology | Bioprocess | Process Development | Manufacturing | GMP | CMO | Manager | Team Leader | Senior | DSP | AKTA | TFF | IEX | HIC | Centrifugation | Filtration | Chromatography | Scale-Up | Scale-Down | Management | Leadership | Line Lead | Production | Therapeutics | Protein | Viral Vector | Gene Therapy | Mammalian | Microbial | Bacterial | Business Strategy | Pilot scale | Characterisation
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Manufacturing Technologist
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is currently working with a leading Biotechnology company based in the Hertfordshire area to identify a new Senior Manufacturing Technologist to lead and support the produc...Science
View & Apply
Senior Viral Vector Scientist
London | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Viral Vector Scientist to join an exciting Cell Therapy company based in London. As the Senior Viral Vector Scientist you will design, execute and document up and...Science
View & Apply