Job Reference: J5631356
Updated On: 18/04/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Processing Scientist to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in the County Durham area. As the Downstream Processing Scientist you will be responsible for performing and delivering experiments around the purification of therapeutic biologics focussed on the design, development and scale-down of downstream processes.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Downstream Processing Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Ensuring experiments are performed according to defined procedures and technical expertise, you will apply scientific and technical judgement to ensure data validity and integrity.
2. Design and lead experimental work using appropriate scientific expertise and judgement to ensure project goals are met and that appropriate technical/equipment resources are used. This will include the scale up of downstream processes after successful process development and optimisation.
3. Managing and aligning work to budget and timelines whilst maintaining scientific integrity and that any changes are effectively communicated and mitigation plans are established.
4. You will provide support to more senior colleagues to develop technical plans for internal and external R&D projects.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Processing Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a biotechnology related industry such as, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Science or similar.
2. Proven industry experience working within either upstream or downstream processing.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with performing techniques for the purification therapeutic biologics (for example centrifugation, filtration and chromatography) and
protein analysis (for example HPLC methods, SDS-PAGE & ELISA technologies) would be highly desirable.
Key Words: Purification | Biologics | Biopharmaceutical | Downstream | Process Development | Bioprocess | GMP | Scientist | Scale Up | DSP
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist
Salisbury, Wiltshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Downstream Process Development Sci...Science
View & Apply
Downstream Development Scientist
Essex, Essex, East | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Downstream Development Scientist to join an innovative company based in the Essex area. As the Downstream Development Scientist you will be responsible for the developme...Science
View & Apply