J3725Wrexham County BoroughBiotechnology CRO/CMO Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time27/03/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing
Biochemistry – Purification
Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Bioprocess Scale Up Scientist
We are currently looking for a Scale up Bioprocess Scientist to join an exciting Biotechnology company based in the Yorkshire area. As the Scale up Bi... View Job
Process Transfer Engineer
We are currently looking for a Process Transfer Engineer to join the manufacturing science and technology team within a global Life Sciences business ... View Job
Multiple vacancies for Biotechnologists to join a leading Biotechnology company based in Berkshire. As the Biotechnologist you will be part of the man... View Job
We are currently looking for a Downstream Process Technician to join an exciting Global Biotechnology company based in the Wrexham area. As the Downstream Process Technician you will be responsible for protein manufacturing in bioreactors and purification techniques within downstream operations including Chromatography, Dialysis and Tangential Flow Filtration.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Process Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Process Technician you are expected to support and develop production activities required to ensure the Production facility and manufacturing processes are operated in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with the manufacturing activity schedule.
2. Optimisation of downstream processes e.g. Tangential flow filtration and AKTA chromatography process development.
3. You will work in compliance with HSE, cGMP regulations and internal QA Systems at all times.
4. Downstream Processing Operations including; column preparation - (cleaning, packing & pre-use equilibration), post use decontamination and column disassembly, precipitation, resuspension and dissolution, centrifugation, dialysis, and toxin purification using column chromatography and fraction pooling.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Process Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biological Science along with experience working in a GMP environment.
2. Proven industry experience in upstream or downstream processing ideally within a GMP environment.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.