J56265MerseysidePharmaceutical Biotechnology Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time20/06/2018Biochemistry Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing Biochemistry - Expression Biochemistry – Purification Biochemistry – Inprocess Analytics Biochemistry – Development / Validation Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing Technology Transfer
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Lab Instruments Sales Representative We are currently looking for a Lab Instruments Sales Representative to join a leading company specialising within the sales of Viscometry, Flame Photo... View Job
CMC External Supply Manager - ATMP HRS are currently recruiting for a CMC External Supply Manager to join an exciting and innovative Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area... View Job
Project Manager - Biotech We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Project Manager you will ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Downstream Processing Manager to join an exciting a cross functional biopharmaceutical company based in the Liverpool area. As the Downstream Processing Manager you will be responsible for leading a team for the design, development, scale-up, technical transfer, process characterisation, validation and cGMP manufacture of bulk drug substances expressed from mammalian, viral or microbial expression systems.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Processing Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Building and maintaining a motivated and skilled team and ensures technical expertise within their team through on-going professional development of their team members.
2. Leading the process science team to design and optimise the manufacturing process using mammalian, microbial or viral technologies, with the ultimate aim to transfer for clinical and/or commercial manufacture.
3. Setting objectives and giving performance feedback regularly throughout the year devising the training and development plan for the team. Coaching and developing staff to meet individual professional development needs and business needs
4. Designing and executing process characterisation and process validation activities associated with the manufacturing process for late stage projects and in support of the regulatory submissions.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Processing Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and/or PhD in a Life Science discipline such as, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Chemistry etc. along with significant experience working within Downstream processing for the production of biopharmaceuticals.
2. Proven industry experience in leading teams in purification projects for biological molecules ideally within a regulated environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with process characterisation studies will be a significant advantage.
Key Words: Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutical, Downstream, DSP, Process Development, Scale up, Tech Transfer, GMP, Purification, Process Characterisation.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.