Job Reference: J5634800
Updated On: 16/04/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist - Process Development to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in South East England. As the Downstream Scientist - Processs Development you will be responsible for developing downstream processes for AAVs in Gene Therapy.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Downstream Scientist - Process Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will optimise purification techniques and in process analytics for gene therapy. This will include working with viral vectors such as AAV and lentivirus.
2. As the Downstream Scientist - Process Development you will train less experienced staff in purification techniques for downstream processing within a laboratory environment.
3. It will be your responsibility to follow study plans and batch documentation records and keep them maintained according to protocols.
4. You will use DSP techniques such as AKTA chromatography and Unicorn software as well as other downstream processing techniques such as TFF, ultrafiltration and diafiltration.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist - Process Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc in a Science subject (e.g. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Protein Science, Biology, etc.) or equivalent is necessary for your application.
2. Proven laboratory experience using downstream purification techniques and in-process analytics.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA and unicorn software is required and a knowledge of GMP is highly beneficial.
Key Words: Purification / Downstream / GMP / AKTA / TFF / Biologics / Biotechnology / Laboratory / R&D / Research and Development / Tangential Flow Filtration / DSP / Scientist / South East / CMO / AAV / Viral Vector / Gene Therapy / Lentiviral vector / Cell and Gene Therapy / Process Development / Scale Up
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Downstream Scientist
Merseyside | £40,000 - £46,500 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Downstream Scientist to join a leading CDMO company based in the Merseyside area. As the Senior Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for the development o...Science
View & Apply
Cell Therapy Manufacturing Associate
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Cell Therapy Manufacturing Associate to join a rapidly expanding cell therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Associate you wi...Science
View & Apply