J56153OxfordshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology Science Permanent£30,000 to £35,000 per annum - Dependent on experience Full Time01/06/2018Biochemistry Biochemistry – Purification Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing Cell Culture Bioanalytical Bioassay R&D – Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Flow Cytometry Sales Executive We are currently looking for a Flow Cytometry Sales Executive to join a Global leading company that have been in the Life Science industry for over 80... View Job
Therapeutic Process Technician We are currently looking for a Therapeutic Process Technician to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Kent area. As the Therapeutic Proce... View Job
Gene Therapy Scientist A Fantastic opportunity for a Gene Therapy Scientist has become available to join a leading AAV-based Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for Process Research and Development for the production of therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carry out analytical downstream activities such as chromatographic purification with affinity, size exclusion and ion exchange media using AKTA systems. You will also carrying out purification processes as well as using various methods to purify viral vectors.
2. As the Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for developing new and robust innovative strategies for improving the process performance which will include small-scale studies and pilot scale purification.
3. Performing high-throughput purification studies and applying DOE methods to separations and formulation studies will be among your responsibilities.
4. Analysing and interpreting data and presenting these results in meetings will be part of your role.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc or PhD in a Biotechnology related subject such as, but Biochemistry, Biotechnology, and Biological Sciences.
2. Strong experience carrying out purification processes, using AKTA and other downstream activities is essential to your application.
3. Experience working within a regulated environment following GMP standards will make you a successful applicant.
Key Words: Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Downstream, Purification, Chromatography, Cell culturing, Gene Therapy, Protein Expression, Protein Purification, AKTA, Pharmaceutical.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.