Job Reference: J5633684
Updated On: 04/11/2020
Status: Under Offer
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join an innovative biologics company based in the County Durham area. As the Downstream Scientist you will be involved in varied areas of purification science, process scale-up and the evaluation and development of new techniques.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carry out the optimisation, scale-up and characterisation of downstream purification processes (up to pilot scale) for the manufacture of novel biopharmaceutical products. This will include working with viral vectors, proteins and plasmid DNA expressed in mammalian, bacterial, insect and/or yeast cells.
2. It will be your responsibility to develop primary recovery, separation and chromatography methods including centrifugation, filtration, AKTA and tangential flow filtration (TFF). Other techniques you will be using include protein biochemistry techniques, such as protein stability, folding, degradation and aggregations, as well as analytical techniques, such as ELISA, HPLC and UPLC.
3. As the Downstream Scientist, you will be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of downstream equipment as well as setting up, planning and executing experimental and/or pilot scale runs.
4. You will be involved in document writing, interpreting data, presenting, statistical analysis and trending.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree, or equivalent, in a Scientific or Engineering subject is essential.
2. Proven biopharmaceutical industry experience in downstream process technical role where you have been involved in trouble shooting and problem solving will be necessary.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with performing purification and protein biochemistry techniques, including centrifugation, filtration and chromatography methods, will be required.
Key Words: DSP | Downstream Process | Process Development | Biopharma | Biopharmaceutical | Biologics | Scale-Up | Scale Up | Scale-Down | Scale Down | Industrial | Biotechnology | Purification | Chromatography | Filtration | Centrifugation | Separation | Scientist | Project Management | Process | Pilot Plant | R&D | Research and Development | Manufacturing | Analytical | ELISA | HPLC | AKTA
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Viral Vector Scientist
London | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Viral Vector Scientist to join an exciting Cell Therapy company based in London. As the Senior Viral Vector Scientist you will design, execute and document up and...Science
View & Apply
Bioprocess Team Lead
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Bioprocess Lead Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Bioprocess Lead Scientist you will be responsible for leade...Science
View & Apply