Job Reference: J5634465
Updated On: 15/02/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the South East. As the Downstream Scientist you will be a key part of the Production team responsible for the delivery of GMP manufacturing batches.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for the use of DSP equipment, TFF, purification and filtration, required for the manufacture of clinical batches.
2. You will be responsible for the organisation and use of single use manufacturing and pilot scale or large-scale bioprocess equipment. This will include troubleshooting, ensuring equipment is serviced and is maintained in a validated state.
3. As a downstream scientist, it will be your responsibility to collaborate with colleagues of all levels to ensure delivery of a manufacturing plan for optimal performance and attend meetings as needed.
4. It will be necessary for you to write and update SOPs and batch records, as well as carrying out deviations, investigations, RCA and change controls.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or life sciences related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in GMP manufacturing of biological drug substance is essential to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with downstream processing and purification techniques will be highly advantageous, including chromatography, AKTA, TFF or filtration.
Key Words: Biotechnologist | Technologist | Manufacturing | Production | Scientist | GMP | Biopharmaceutical | Biological Drug Substance | ATMP | Cell and Gene Therapy | Cell Culture | Tech Transfer | Viral Vector | Downstream | DSP | Purification | AKTA | TFF | Chromatography | Pilot Scale | Large-scale | Medicinal | Ultrafiltration | Diafiltration | Purification | South East
Other jobs with similar skills
Project Manager - Process Development
Bristol | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Project Manager - Process Development to join a leading ATMP and biopharmaceutical consultancy based in the South West area. As the Project Manager in Process Developmen...Science
View & Apply
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Production Scientist to join a leading contract manufacturing organisation based in the Staffordshire area. As the Production Scientist you will be responsible for produ...Science
View & Apply