Job Reference: J5634628
Updated On: 15/03/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join a leading CDMO company based in the Durham area. As the Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for downstream process development of biopharmaceuticals such as viral vectors, proteins and nucleic acid based products.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Developing and leading experiment for the optimisation of downstream purification processes including AKTA, chromatography such as Ion exchange, affinity, hydrophobic interaction..
2. As the Downstream Bioprocess Scientist you will be responsible for developing techniques and methods through experiment of design for filtration/ separation techniques such as ultrafiltration, diafiltration and tangential flow filtration.
3. Assisting the scale up of downstream processes and applying the use of experiment of design as well as statistical concepts for the analysis of proteins and other biologics.
4. Understanding and observing all GMP and GLP protocols when required for various biologics including AAVs, proteins or nucleic acid products from mammalian or bacterial expression systems
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline plus industry experience in downstream process development working with biopharmaceuticals such as AAVs, proteins and nucleic acids.
2. Proven industry experience in Bioprocessing for processing development downstream techniques including chromatography, AKTA and filtration.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with protein purification and chromatography e.g. AKTA, HIC, SEC, TFF, IEX.
Key Words: Bioprocess / Bioprocessing / DSP / Downstream / Purification / Filtration / Chromatography / AKTA / TFF / GLP / GMP / Good Laboratory Practice / Good Manufacturing Practice / Life Sciences / Biopharmaceuticals / Pharmaceuticals / R&D / Development / Research / IEX / HIC / Durham / AAV / Viral Vector / HEK / CHO / Protein /
Other jobs with similar skills
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Production Scientist to join a leading contract manufacturing organisation based in the Staffordshire area. As the Production Scientist you will be responsible for produ...Science
View & Apply
Wiltshire | £20,000 - £26,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Technician to join a well-established biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Production Technician you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply