Job Reference: J5634788
Updated On: 16/04/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join a leading biologics company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for carrying out purification needed for gene therapy.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the GMP Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will execute purification techniques and in process analytics for gene therapy. This will include working with viral vectors such as AAV and lentivirus.
2. As the Downstream Scientist you will train less experienced staff in purification techniques for downstream processing within a laboratory environment.
3. It will be your responsibility to follow study plans and batch documentation records and keep them maintained according to protocols.
4. You will use DSP techniques such as AKTA chromatography and Tangential Flow Filtration.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc in a Science subject (e.g. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Protein Science, Biology, etc.) or equivalent is necessary for your application.
2. Proven laboratory experience using downstream purification techniques and in-process analytics.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA and TFF methods is required and a knowledge of GMP is highly beneficial.
Key Words: Purification / Downstream / GMP / AKTA / TFF / Biologics / Biotechnology / Laboratory / R&D / Research and Development / Tangential Flow Filtration / DSP / Scientist / Staffordshire / Midlands / CMO / AAV / Viral Vector / Gene Therapy / Lentiviral vector
Other jobs with similar skills
Wiltshire | £20,000 - £26,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Technician to join a well-established biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Production Technician you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Fermentation Development Lead
Wiltshire | £31,000 per annum
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Fermentation Development Leader to join a leading life sciences company based in South West England. This role is within the Fermentation Development an...Science
View & Apply