Job Reference: J5634669
Updated On: 06/04/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a DSP Lead Scientist to join an exciting Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Berkshire area. As the DSP Lead Scientist you will be responsible for leading the Downstream Process Development research development whilst managing the remainder of the DSP team.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the DSP Lead Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead the Technology Transfer process of downstream processes into the UK office as well as to external manufacturing sites.
2. You will work very closely with the Downstream Process Development, designing and performing the studies, optimising processes and performing purification techniques such as AKTA, Ultrafiltration and Affinity chromatography.
3. As the DSP Lead Scientist, you will be responsible for the management and training of a small team of Downstream Scientists, overseeing their work and assisting where appropriate.
4. You will work closely with GLP and GMP, creating and reviewing protocols and preparing documentation.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the DSP Lead Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science/Engineering discipline (e.g. Bioprocess, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, etc.) will be necessary for your application.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development setting is essential, and will be beneficial partnered with GMP experience.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with purification techniques for therapeutic biologics is essential.
Key Words: Downstream | Purification | Biologics | Biopharmaceutical | Biopharma | Biotechnology | Bioprocess | Process Development | Manufacturing | GMP | CMO | CDMO | Manager | Team Leader | Senior | DSP | AKTA | TFF | IEX | HIC | Centrifugation | Filtration | Chromatography | Scale-Up | Scale-Down | Management | Leadership | Line Lead | Production | Therapeutics | Protein | mAbs | Monoclonal Antiobodies | Biosimilar | Gene Therapy | Mammalian |
Other jobs with similar skills
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Production Scientist to join a leading contract manufacturing organisation based in the Staffordshire area. As the Production Scientist you will be responsible for produ...Science
View & Apply
Downstream Process Scientist
London | £33,000 - £38,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Downstream Process Scientist to join an exciting ATMP company based in the London area. As the Downstream Process Scientist you will be responsible for developing downst...Science
View & Apply