Job Reference: J5632063
Updated On: 19/08/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Electrical, Control & Instrument Engineer
Role OverviewAre you an experienced Electrical, Control & Instrument Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge?
We are currently looking for an Instrument Engineer to join a leading specialist chemicals company based in the East Yorkshire area.
As the Instrument Engineer you will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of plans to ensure the achievements of objectives related to a given engineering discipline.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Instrument Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will provide engineering expertise to the site, liaising across departments and implementing plant and process troubleshooting skills, with focus on maintaining plant safety and reliability.
2. You will be responsible for providing plant and process troubleshooting skills to manufacturing assets ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
3. As the Electrical, Control & Instrument Engineer, you will also lead and participate in hazard studies and process hazard reviews. This also includes carrying out risk assessments with assigned plant areas.
4. You will be regularly communicating technical information and influence internal at all site levels and with external engineering contractors, suppliers and regulators.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Instrument Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree with Electronic, Control & Instrument discipline is essential as well as experience in a similar role, working with hazardous area equipment, safety instrumentation; DCS/PLC based control systems and electronic controls.
2. You will need to have good planning and organisation skills along with being able to demonstrate some project experience.
3. Proven industry experience in using SAP, holding a NEBOSH qualification and experience working in the chemicals / speciality chemicals is highly advantageous.
Key Words: Electronic | Control | Instrumentation | Instrument Engineer | Chemicals | Process Safety | Health and Safety | Equipment | Plant Safety
Other jobs with similar skills
Electronic Design Engineer
Bathgate, West Lothian | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced electronic design engineer looking for a new exciting opportunity? We are currently looking for a Electronic Design Engineer to join a growing company based in the West Lothi...Science
View & Apply
Facilities, Health and Safety Co-ordinator
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Facilities, Health and Safety Co-ordinator to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. The job of a Facilities, Health & Safety Co-ordinat...Science
View & Apply