Job Reference: J5634259
Updated On: 16/02/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewThis is an exciting opportunity for an Engineering & Facilities Director to join a leading Biotech business based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Engineering & Facilities Director you will be responsible for the engineering, operations, and building construction for two key facilities in the UK. Scope includes GMP and non-GMP engineering and bioprocessing requirements, execution of soft services to meet day-to-day facility operational needs, people management (staff, contractors and vendors), company culture champion, budget management, large / small construction and renovation, and UK facility components of business continuity.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Engineering & Facilities Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead delivery of engineering and bioprocessing requirements for office, laboratory and GMP manufacturing needs. Oversee daily operational activities that run each facility, and UK building construction capital investments. Plan execution strategies, manage annual budgets, create long range plans and manage the facilities team to deliver on goals.
2. Participate in internal audits / inspections. Provide and track performance metrics of the function. Ensure GMP and non-GMP documentation / run books in place according to company policies and are in compliance with cGMP, state, and federal guidelines.
3. Accountable for soft site services including but not limited to office space layout and move planning, supply ordering and distribution (including research stores support), company and general meeting / conference support, regulated and non-regulated operational documentation (run book), policy and procedure (including facility GMP needs), site security, office maintenance and cleaning, landlord relations, site emergency, and general office oversight. Ensure that all facility utilities are operational, safe and well-maintained. Hands on in soft services execution.
4. This is a highly visible hands-on role with an emphasis on strong people skills, project management, staff leadership and mentoring, soft services, and GMP building construction.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Engineering & Facilities Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. The successful candidate will be degree qualified in an Engineering discipline and ideally hold Chartered Engineer status.
2. Significant leadership experience in engineering, facilities and maintenance operations in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry. A background within a sterile and aseptic environment is desirable.
3. Previous experience in building construction and renovation of pharmaceutical GMP manufacturing facilities is essential. You will also posses strong knowledge of critical utilities, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and safety systems in GMP environment.
Key Words: Engineering Director | Facilities | Engineer | Head of Engineering | Facilities Director | GMP | Pharmaceutical | Aseptic | Sterile | Manufacturing | Critical Utilities | Construction
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Maintenance Controls Technician
North Wales | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Controls Technician looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Maintenance Controls Technician to join a leading biopharmaceutical company bas...Science
View & Apply
Kent | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a QC Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Kent area. As the QC Manager you will be responsible for managing the QC laboratory and QC team on a dai...Science
View & Apply