Job Reference: J5635266
Updated On: 14/07/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewA fantastic opportunity has become available for an Engineering Director to join a global Pharmaceutical organisation based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Engineering Director you will be responsible for large engineering team upwards of 50 personnel, consisting of production engineering, facilities, utilities, reliability and capital projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Engineering Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Total accountability for the management and execution of all Engineering related activities carried out on-site, including facilities, utilities, equipment maintenance and capital projects. Responsible for the strategic development of the Engineering Group and all on-site Engineering investment. You will have a significant Engineering budget in order to carry out the role and responsibilities effectively.
2. Manage internal company resources, (assets, financial and personnel) and external professional Engineering and other firms as part of the execution of equipment, facility and utility modifications, upgrades, and expansion projects.
3. Drive a culture of engineering excellence and technical capability improvement across the Engineering Group, particularly Continuous Improvement and Process Improvement. Upholding cGMP standards across the site.
4. The role of Engineering Director plays a key part of the Site Leadership Team, and will also help shape and influence the future of the site. You will have the opportunity to provide strategic change to the Engineering Group, helping to create new opportunities for the site.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Engineering Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will be degree qualified in an Engineering discipline and hold additional qualifications in either Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt certification) or Project Management (i.e. Prince2 Practitioner). The successful candidate will ideally hold Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
2. You will have significant engineering leadership experience from a highly regulated cGMP manufacturing environment, such as the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology sector. However, applicants with experience in alternative heavily regulated manufacturing environment such as nuclear and aviation will also be considered.
3. The successful candidate will have previous experience leading large engineering groups in excess of 40 personnel.
Other jobs with similar skills
West Yorkshire | Experience Dependent
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a HSE Managerger to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in West Yorkshire. As the Health and Safety Manager you will have total responsibility ...Science
View & Apply
Project Validation Lead
Hertford | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Validation Lead looking for a new exciting job opportunity? This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Validation Lead to join a leading Pharmaceutical business based in t...Science
View & Apply