J3433East Riding of YorkshireEngineering PermanentCompetitiveFull Time19/01/2017Engineering
Engineering – Control / Automation
Engineering - Electronics
Engineering - Instrumentation
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Automation Engineer to join a Leading Life Science Company in Hampshire. The Automation Enginee... View Job
Field Service Engineer - Biotech
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Graduate Field Service Engineer to join a leading Biotech company. As the Field Service Enginee... View Job
An exciting opportunity has just opened up for an Automation Engineer to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the... View Job
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager - Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) to join a leading chemical manufacturing business based in the East Yorkshire area.
As the Engineering Manager - EC&I you will be responsible for a small team to ensure that all EC&I systems and associated equipment are designed, installed and operated to deliver compliance and meet business needs. You will oversee the successful delivery of all EC&I projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Engineering Manager - Instrumentation & Control will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of medium term (1-3 years) plans to ensure the achievement of objectives related to EC&I.
2. Resolve complex engineering problems that may affect multiple disciplines and departments. Problem solving may require rigorous quantitative engineering analysis culminating in team and peer review before a solution is resolved. To act in an advisory role in emergency situations and investigations within EC&I).
3. Lead/participate in hazard studies and process hazard reviews including carrying out risk assessments with assigned plant areas.
4. To manage and direct the activities of reports working in the EC&I department. To be responsible for performance appraisals and disciplinary issues and training and development programmes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Engineering Manager - Instrumentation & Control we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a relevant engineering discipline or HNC/HND with extensive knowledge and experience of the EC&I discipline from working in a similar high hazard, chemical manufacturing environment.
2. Proven industry experience within a hazardous, chemical manufacturing environment is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience managing an EC&I team.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.