Job Reference: J5634603
Updated On: 16/03/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an Engineering Manager - Projects to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Engineering Manager - Projects you will be responsible for leading the engineering projects stream within the business. The role encompasses all engineering projects relating to the integration of all facility modifications and projects, including continuous improvement.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Engineering Manager - Project will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage the Engineering department to ensure all employees are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs. Act as the Subject Matter Expert of the manufacturing centre automated systems (including but not limited to Building and Environmental Management Systems).
2. Continually identify and manage system and process improvements. This includes the Installation, configuration and updating of operating systems and procedures.
3. Coordinate and direct projects from inception to completion, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities. Work effectively as a team leader of project engineers to effectively deliver the project objectives of scope, budget, and program.
4. Develop and deliver accurate and professional business cases to support capital project proposals. Develop accurate Project Initiation and Cap-Ex request documents to obtain business approval and funding. Develop project cost estimates and maintain cost accuracy throughout project life cycle.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Engineering Manager - Projects we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Degree qualification in chemical engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering. Chartered Engineer status and Project Management qualification (i.e. Prince2) are also desirable.
2. Proven industry experience working within a cGMP manufacturing environment, preferably within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology sectors.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of automation and engineering management within a cGMP contract manufacturing organisation.
Key Words: Capital Projects | Project Engineering | Engineering Management | Engineering Manager | Project Manager | Prince2 | APM | Pharmaceutical | Biotechnology | Biopharmaceutical | cGMP | Production | Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Engineering Project Manager
Belfast | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Engineering Project Manager looking for an exciting new permanent opportunity? We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Engineering team with a leadi...Science
View & Apply
Senior Capital Projects Engineer
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Capital Projects Engineer looking for an exciting new job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Senior Capital Projects Engineer to join a leading pharmaceutical compa...Science
View & Apply