Job Reference: J5633999
Updated On: 19/11/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Engineering Manager (Site Maintenance)
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an Engineering Manager (Site Maintenance) to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Engineering Manager (Site Maintenance) you will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplined team to successfully execute the site engineering maintenance strategy. You will report directly into the Site Head of Engineering and work closely with the Production Engineering, Production, Site Engineering, Quality, Validation, Capital Projects teams to ensure optimised efficiency of equipment and assets.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Engineering Manager - Site Maintenance will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop a Preventive and Predictive maintenance strategy which delivers optimal Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) for all of the assets on site. Deliver a Good Engineering Practices (GEP) approach within the Maintenance Engineering department, including regularly monitoring engineering standards, housekeeping, adherence to business processes, and both GMP and Safety risks.
2. Manage and continuously improve the Work Order Management process, as to drive efficient execution of maintenance tasks through detailed planning and scheduling. Develop and manage the processes for reviewing failure history and work order data in order to create, monitor and act of equipment performance trends.
3. Manage an Operational Excellence budget for the Engineering Maintenance team, utilising various operational methodologies such as supplier optimisation, minimal inventories, and asset management techniques.
4. Drive performance within the teams by setting objectives and monitor progress by carrying out individual performance appraisals. Continually develop the technical knowledge and capability of the Engineering Maintenance teams to maximise the reliability of plant and processes. Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all Team Members by continuously promoting, developing and reaffirming the company Health & Safety management system.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Engineering Manager - Maintenance we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Engineering qualification such as a HND or HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. An Engineering degree qualification and Chartered Engineer status (or those working towards) is highly desirable.
2. Proven industry experience leading a multi-disciplined team within a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing facility is essential. Knowledge of aseptic filling lines, centrifugation, lyophilisers, autoclaves, sterilisation and depyrogenation systems, clean room technology, ultra-filtration, and packaging lines is highly desirable.
3. We're looking for candidates with a working knowledge and practical experience of boiler plant and equipment, pure steam systems, water purification and sterilisation systems, refrigeration, HVAC, compressed air and electrical distribution.
Key Words: Engineering Manager | Maintenance | Pharmaceutical | Engineer | cGMP | Production | Manufacturing | HVAC | Boiler | Steam | Water | Refrigeration | Mechanical | Electrical | Aseptic
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Project Manager - Engineering
Belfast | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Engineering Project Manager looking for an exciting new permanent opportunity? We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Engineering team with a leadi...Science
View & Apply
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Asset Engineer to join a world renowned biopharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Asset Engineer you will be responsible for...Science
View & Apply