Job Reference: J5635970
Updated On: 25/01/2022
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewAre you an Engineering Manager looking for an exciting new challenge? Or an Engineering Supervisor/ Team Leader looking to take the next step with you career development? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity an Engineering Shift Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical business based in the Hertfordshire area.
As the Engineering Shift Manager you will be responsible for managing a small team of Multi-Skilled Engineers on a double day shift pattern 06:00am to 14:00pm and 14:00pm to 22:00pm rotating weekly.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Engineering Shift Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To oversee and coordinate all activities and operations of the Engineering Team, in compliance with cGMP authorised documentation and agreed budgets. Provide engineering support during plant issues or breakdowns in order to achieve the Supply and Operations Plan.
2. You will act as a key driver in daily operations to improve performance and communication. Encouraging all staff to work within a continuously improving environment by consistent communication of objectives and standards.
3. Ensure that effective GEMBA walkrounds in engineering areas and workspaces take place regularly and champion Continuous Improvement within the department.
4 Understands team strengths, develops their team to support business effectively and has a strategy for talent development and team upskilling. Support the team in identifying root cause of equipment downtime and ensure data capture is accurate and supports analysis of equipment failures • Align the team to support key engineering works, such as, but not limited to breakdowns maintenance, calibration and continuous improvement.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Engineering Shift Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will posses a relevant Engineering qualification such as a HND or HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. A background and knowledge in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
2. Proven industry experience leading a multi-disciplined team within a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing facility or other highly regulated process manufacturing environments, such as from the Food and Beverage sector is essential.
3. Were looking for candidates with a passion for managing and developing Engineering Teams. A background in Continuous Improvement is also desirable.
Other jobs with similar skills
Wiltshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Utilities Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical organisation based in the Wiltshire area. As the Utilities Manager you will be responsible for providing development, ...Science
View & Apply
Maintenance Engineering Supervisor
Essex, Essex | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineering Supervisor looking for an exciting new job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineering Supervisor to join a leading life scien...Science
View & Apply