Job Reference: J5635047
Updated On: 04/06/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Enzyme Development Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area on a fixed term contract. As the Enzyme Development Scientist you will be responsible for working collaboratively to drive the design and development of high quality enzymes for consumable reagents.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Enzyme Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Scientist you will be expected to employ analytical tools for protein, small-molecule and oligonucleotide characterization and demonstrate their predictive value for reagent performance and quality.
2. Work collaboratively with Reagent manufacturing, Operations and QA/QC teams to accelerate the development and characterization of novel reagents.
3. Exercise expert knowledge and execute biochemical/biophysical characterization experiments for critical enzyme components.
4.Write technical reports and present results and assessments for cross-functional technical teams and senior leadership.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Enzyme Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics or other related discipline, a PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience in the development of methodologies for improvement of biomolecule stability is a advantage.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Critical parameter methods or Design using six sigma methodology is highly desired.
Key Words: Enzyme | Protein | Biochemistry | DNA | Method development | DOE | NGS | Reagent |
Other jobs with similar skills
Clinical Biomarkers Lead
Berkshire | £54 - £80 per hour
We are currently looking for a Clinical Biomarkers Lead to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Berkshire area, for an initial 12 months. As the Clinical Biomarkers Lead you will be respo...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - Stem Cell Biology
Glasgow | £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Stem Cell Biology to join a leading Bio-pharmaceutical company based in the Central Belt - Scotland area. As the Senior Scientist - Stem Cell Biology ...Science
View & Apply