J56280CambridgeshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time21/06/2018Biochemistry Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing Biochemistry - Expression Biochemistry – Development / Validation Cell Culture Technology Transfer
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Biochemical Engineer An exciting opportunity for a Biochemical Engineer has become available to an expanding immunotherapy company based in the Oxfordshire. area. As the B... View Job
CMC External Supply Manager - ATMP HRS are currently recruiting for a CMC External Supply Manager to join an exciting and innovative Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area... View Job
Head of MSAT We are currently looking for a Head of MSAT to join a rapidly expanding and innovative Cell and Gene Therapy company based in Oxford. As the Head of M... View Job
We are currently looking for a Fermentation Group Leader to join an innovative biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridgeshire. As the Fermentation Group Leader you will be responsible for leading the Fermentation Group within the preclinical development team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Group Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop fermentation processes to produce live bacterial therapeutics comprising multiple bacterial strains.
2. Anaerobic fermentation of bacteria from microtiter plates to small fermenters along with the optimisation of media for growth of physiologically diverse bacteria.
3. You will be responsible for in-house fermentation of multiple anaerobic gut bacteria that comprise the medicine, characterising and optimising their growth and providing support for upstream and downstream method development and optimisation.
4. Maintain an awareness of latest technologies and equipment for incorporation into company labs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Group Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (PhD preferable) within a Microbiology or Bioprocess Engineering discipline along with extensive experience within Fermentation is essential.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development environment working with bench scale bioreactors.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Design of Experiment or Quality by Design will be highly desirable.
Key Words: Fermentation, Group Leader, Process Development, Bioprocess, Upstream, DoE, Design of Experiment, Quality by Design, Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutical, Microbiome.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.