Job Reference: J5633254
Updated On: 04/05/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Fermentation Group Leader to join an innovative biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridgeshire. As the Fermentation Group Leader you will be responsible for leading the Fermentation Process Development Group within the preclinical development department, focused on building a new class of therapeutic medicines.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Fermentation Group Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for developing in-house fermentation processes and providing support for upstream and downstream method development and optimisation.
2. Your focus will be with anaerobic fermentation of bacteria from microtiter plates to small fermenters, along with the optimisation of media for growth of physiologically diverse bacteria.
3. As the Fermentation Group Leader, you will co-ordinate lyophilisation development studies, as well as incorporating in-house capabilities, and will work closely with the assay development team to develop assays designed to assess microbial cell quality.
4. It will be important to maintain an awareness of latest technologies and equipment for incorporation into company labs.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Group Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (PhD preferable) within a Microbiology or Bioprocess Engineering discipline along with extensive experience within Fermentation is essential.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development environment working with bench scale bioreactors, ideally in a bacteriology setting, is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Design of Experiment or Quality by Design will be highly desirable.
Key Words: Fermentation | Group Leader | Process Development | Bioprocess | Upstream | DoE | Design of Experiment | Quality by Design | Biotechnology | Biopharmaceutical | Microbial | Process Development | Downstream | Bacteria | GMP | Ferment | Freeze-Drying | Lyophilisation | Research
Other jobs with similar skills
Proposal Development Scientist
Darlington | £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Proposal Development Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO), based in the North East. As the Proposal D...Science
View & Apply
Technology Transfer Principal Scientist
Berkshire, Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Technology Transfer Principal Scientist to join the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) team within a global Biotechnology company at their facility in the Berks...Science
View & Apply