Downstream Processing Manager We are currently looking for a Downstream Processing Manager to join an exciting a cross functional biopharmaceutical company based in the Liverpool a... View Job
Lab Instruments Sales Representative We are currently looking for a Lab Instruments Sales Representative to join a leading company specialising within the sales of Viscometry, Flame Photo... View Job
Flow Cytometry Sales Executive We are currently looking for a Flow Cytometry Sales Executive to join a Global leading company that have been in the Life Science industry for over 80... View Job
We are currently looking for a Fermentation Group Manager to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in the Teeside area. As the Fermentation Group Manager you will be responsible for building, directing and managing a high quality fermentation team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Group Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will provide leadership to the fermentation team to deliver bioprocess development projects including; Upstream Feedstock Fractionation, Fermentation, Product Isolation, Bioproduct Formulation, at scales of 1mL to 10,000L.
2. Work collaboratively with the Business Development Team to ensure it has access to necessary skills and expertise from the Fermentation Group to support project propositions to help secure new business and facilitate project due diligence.
3. You will work closely with the Process Science Technology and Process Engineering Team to ensure that the platform builds suitable scale-down and scale-up capability to risk mitigate scaled processes.
4. Provide effective leadership, line management and mentoring to the fermentation group, which comprises of the Fermentation Team, Operations Team, and the Bioprocess Chemistry Team. You will have accountability for around 35 people and budgets of circa £3million.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Group Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemical / Biochemical Engineering, or Life Science degree with extensive experience in Leadership roles.
2. Proven industry experience in building, leading, inspiring and motivating high performance teams within the bioprocessing, food and beverage or allied industries, ideally within a CMO, start up or SMME environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a variety of fermentation process technologies across both small and large scale.
Key Words: Fermentation, Manager, Leadership, Process Technology, Scale Up, Scale Down, Bioreactor, Gas Fermentation, Bioprocess, Process Development.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.