Job Reference: J5635353
Updated On: 10/08/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Fermentation Research Assistant to join a growing Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Fermentation Research Assistant you will be responsible for performing upstream fermentation of bacteria using bioreactors.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Fermentation Research Assistant will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Formulation of fermentation media and processing of this to aid the growth of bacteria for biotherapeutics and bio-pharmaceutical products. Including, the development of analytical methods and techniques for microbial bio-processing.
2. As the Fermentation Research Assistant, you will, document all experimental work to aid the research and development of new and existing bio-therapeutics. As well as, experimental design, reports and presentations.
3. Use fermenters and other bioprocessing techniques to produce live bacterial therapeutics for upstream process development to help develop the use of bioreactors from lab scale to a manufacturing scale.
4. Assisting with process transfer from research and development to GMP manufacturing with regards to the scale up of microbial fermentation for potential use in technology transfer.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc, MSc or MRes in a life science or bioprocess related discipline (e.g. Microbiology, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, etc.) is required for the position.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development environment which uses fermentation technology.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of the fermentation of bacteria or microbiological products for the upstream process development into manufacturing.
Key Words: Bioprocess / Fermentation / Upstream / Downstream / Biotechnology / GMP / Microbiology / Bacteria / Therapeutics / cGMP / Process development / Media development / Upstream Process Development / Manufacturing / USP / Bioreactor / Biopharmaceutical / Biotherapeutic / Scale up / Microbial fermentation / Technology Transfer / Cambridgeshire
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior QC Scientist
Oxfordshire | £30,000 - £42,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior QC Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Senior QC Scientist you will be responsible for assisting with the sett...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - immediate start
Middlesex | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Senior Scientist laboratory experience looking for an exciting new job opportunity? We are currently working an exclusive project and looking for a number of Senior Scientist...Science
View & Apply