Job Reference: J5635897
Updated On: 19/05/2022
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Fermentation Research Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company in the Cambridgeshire Area. As the Fermentation Research Scientist, you will be responsible for upstream and downstream processing of protein therapeutics from microbial expression systems. This position would suit applicants with previous fermentation experience or a desire to enter this area.
This is a great role for an MSc/PhD graduate in biorpocess, biotechnology and biochemical engineering or a fermentation scientist within the FMCG space that is keen to enter the biotech/biopharma industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities1. As the Fermentation Research Scientist you will be responsible for preparing equipment, reagents and buffers for use within the upstream laboratory.
2. You will carry out upstream development to flask and bioreactor scale, whilst acknowledging bacterial cell behaviour to improve product yield.
3. Within your role as the Fermentation Research Scientist you will perform routine fermentation processes in order to create material for downstream process development.
4. You will be tasked with troubleshooting upstream-related issues where required as well as preforming routine QC analysis on in-process samples.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and history:
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Life Science discipline such as Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or Biotechnology.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with bacterial fermentation, cell cultures and cell banking.
3. Must have a driving licence and access to a car, the site is not accessible with public transport.
Other jobs with similar skills
Leeds | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiologist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Yorkshire area. As the QC Microbiologist you will be responsible for carrying out support acti...Science
View & Apply
Cambridge | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Microbiology Manager to join a leading Biopharmaceutical and Therapeutics company based in the Cambridge area. As the Microbiology Manager you will be responsible for th...Science
View & Apply