Senior Account Manager We are currently looking for a Senior Account Manager to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Account M... View Job
Senior Process Scientist We are currently looking for a Senior Process Scientist to join a leading gene therapy company based in the Liverpool area. As the Senior Process Scie... View Job
Biochemical Engineer HRS are currently searching for a Biochemical Engineer to join an expanding immunotherapy company based in the Oxfordshire. area. As the Biochemical E... View Job
We are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to join a leading research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for developing fermentation processes that produce live bacterial therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be a key member of the fermentation team and will be required to liaise with research microbiologists in order to understand the requirements of the bacteria and therefore, helping you to develop the fermentation processes.
2. It will be your responsibility to document all experimental work to the appropriate guidelines while also maintaining and preparing equipment within the laboratory.
3. You will operate fermenters and also be required to carry out downstream processing techniques.
4. It will be important to maintain an awareness of new technologies to keep the laboratory up-to-date.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant BSc, MSc, MRes or PhD in a bioprocess related discipline (e.g. Microbiology, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, etc.) is required for the position.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development environment which uses fermentation technology would be highly beneficial to this position. This would be under GMP manufacturing regulations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with using fermentation technology is desirable for this position. This could include the ability to design, execute and document experimental activities to industrial standards.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.