Job Reference: J5633064
Updated On: 28/04/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to join an exciting biotechnology company based in the Bedfordshire area. As the Fermentation Scientist you will be the lead pilot plant operative responsible for the manufacturing process of plant-based proteins at small pilot scale, and subsequently the tech transfer to commercial scale, for the food and beverages, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will assist in the development, optimisation and implementation of a fed-batch heterotrophic process, taking it from lab-scale of 1L to small pilot scale of 100L.
2. It will be your responsibility to plan, coordinate and operate the manufacturing process to ensure production targets are achieved to the correct QC safety standards.
3. As the Fermentation Scientist, you will manage the strains in the laboratory by carrying out cell banking, validation, tracking and microbiological control.
4. Working in collaboration with the Laboratory Manager, you will need to implement and maintain GxP standards in the production areas.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science subject will be advantageous to your application (e.g. Biochemical Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, etc.)
2. Proven industry experience working with microbial fermentation in a GxP production environment is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with documentation in a GMP setting will be highly favourable.
Key Words: Fermentation | Microbial | Food and Beverages | Cosmetic | Pharmaceutical | Biotechnology | Scientist | Pilot Plant | Manufacturing | Production | Lab-scale | GMP | Tech Transfer | Algae | GxP | Cell Banking | QC | Quality
Other jobs with similar skills
North Yorkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Fermentation Engineer to join an exciting Biotechnology company based in the North East of the UK. As the Fermentation Engineer you will be responsible for running and m...Science
View & Apply
Upstream Process Team Leader
Reykjavï¿½k, Iceland | Experience Dependant
HRS are currently searching for a Upstream Process Team Leader to join a fast growing Biopharmaceutical company based in Iceland! As the Upstream Process Team Leader you will be accountable for pr...Science
View & Apply