Job Reference: J5634249
Updated On: 07/01/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for the R&D of microbial fermentation processes for the production of bacterial therapeutics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Formulation of fermentation media and processing of this to aid the growth of anaerobic bacteria.
2. As the fermentation scientist you will, document all experimental work to understand the function and physiology of novel bacteria.
3. Use fermenters and other bioprocessing techniques to produce live bacterial therapeutics.
4. Assisting with process transfer from research and development to GMP manufacturing with regards to microbial fermentation.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant BSc, MSc, MRes or PhD in a life science or bioprocess related discipline (e.g. Microbiology, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, etc.) is required for the position.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development environment which uses fermentation technology. An understanding of GMP is desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of the anaerobic fermentation of bacteria
Key Words: Bioprocess / Fermentation / Upstream / Downstream / Biotechnology / GMP / Microbiology / Bacteria / Therapeutics / Anaerobic bacteria / Cambridgeshire / Process development / Media development
Other jobs with similar skills
Manchester | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Bioprocess Engineer to join an innovative biotechnology company based in the Greater Manchester area. As the Bioprocess Engineer you will be responsible for developing p...Science
View & Apply
Senior Fermentation Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Fermentation Scientist to join a leading Biologics company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for leadi...Science
View & Apply