Job Reference: J5634539
Updated On: 09/04/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to join a leading bio-pharmaceutical company based in South West England. As the Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for the upstream process development of microbial fermentation for bio-therapeutics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Formulation of fermentation media and processing of this to aid the growth of bacteria for biotherapeutics and bio-pharmaceutical products. Including, the development of analytical methods and techniques for microbial bio-processing.
2. As the fermentation scientist you will, document all experimental work to aid the research and development of new and existing bio-therapeutics. As well as, experimental design, reports and presentations.
3. Use fermenters and other bioprocessing techniques to produce live bacterial therapeutics for upstream process development to help develop the use of bioreactors from lab scale to a manufacturing scale.
4. Assisting with process transfer from research and development to GMP manufacturing with regards to the scale up of microbial fermentation for potential use in technology transfer.
Role Requirements1. A relevant BSc, MSc, MRes or PhD in a life science or bioprocess related discipline (e.g. Microbiology, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, etc.) is required for the position.
2. Proven industry experience in a bioprocess development environment which uses fermentation technology. An good understanding of GMP is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of the fermentation of bacteria or microbiological products for the upstream process development into manufacturing.
Key Words: Bioprocess / Fermentation / Upstream / Downstream / Biotechnology / GMP / Microbiology / Bacteria / Therapeutics / cGMP / Process development / Media development / Upstream Process Development / Manufacturing / USP / South West England / Bioreactor / Biopharmaceutical / Biotherapeutic / Scale up / Microbial fermentation / Technology Transfer /
Other jobs with similar skills
Wiltshire | £20,000 - £26,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Technician to join a well-established biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Production Technician you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Tech Transfer Specialist
Essex | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Tech Transfer Specialist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Essex area. As the Tech Transfer Specialist you will be responsible for leading the...Science
View & Apply