J562602KentFMCG/Food Medical Devices Engineering Permanent£31,000 to £36,000 per annumFull Time23/08/2018Engineering Engineering – Maintenance Engineering – Electrical Engineering – Field Service Engineering - Instrumentation
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Field Service Engineer We are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to join a global leading Medical Device Manufacturer as a Field Service Engineer. As Field Servi... View Job
Field Service Engineer An exciting opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join a Global leading Pharmaceutical equipment manufacturer. As the Field Service... View Job
Field Service Engineer A fantastic opportunity for an experience Field Service Engineer has become available to join a global medical device business that specialise in diag... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Field Service Engineer to join a leading Life Science business. You will be based at home and look after customer in the UK as well as travelling internationally when required to service customer instrumentation mainly across Europe. The right candidate will have a strong electro-mechanical skill set, be able to fault finding and perform planned/reactive maintenance repairs down to component level. Working under direction from the Service Department based in the UK.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Field Service Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As part of the Field Service Support team, the Field Service Engineer will assume responsibility and play a key role in providing high quality technical expertise in the field, including managing technical support on issues reported from our customer base. This role will include the provision of all aspects of service support and training to our customers, overseas agents and distributor channels.
2. Take ownership of customers' service related issues and resolve through to completion. Use technical knowledge to advise customers of appropriate and complimentary upgrades to their equipment.
3. Operate equipment/instrumentation in a lab environment for demonstration purposes and to analyse malfunctions. Provide technical support expertise via phone / email and carry out preventative or reactive maintenance as and when required.
4. Interpret maintenance manuals, schematics and wiring diagrams as well as repair equipment, utilizing electronics knowledge while using standard test instruments and hand tools.
5. Using your electro-mechanical skills to fault find and repair down to component level on a variety of instrumentation on customer sites across the UK and Europe.
6. International travel to customer sites - mainly in Europe
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Field Service Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. The successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified in an electro-mechanical or electronic engineering discipline.
2. Previous experience working in a field service engineer role and familiar with all aspects of customer service including commissioning, repairs and service.
3. You will have worked within a laboratory environment, particularly within the Life Science, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or Medical industry sectors. Knowledge of measurement and testing equipment is desirable.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.