Job Reference: J562602
Updated On: 25/07/2018
Status: Under Offer
Back to results
Role OverviewA fantastic opportunity has become available for a Field Service Engineer to join a leading Life Science business. You will be home based and provide planned / reactive maintenance support to customers in the UK as well as travelling internationally when required. To be successful in this position you will need strong electro-mechanical engineering skills with the ability to fault find on automated instrumentation & equipment.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Field Service Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As part of the Field Service Support team, the Field Service Engineer will assume responsibility and play a key role in providing high quality technical expertise in the field, including managing technical support on issues reported from our customer base. This role will include the provision of all aspects of service support and training to our customers, overseas agents and distributor channels.
2. Take ownership of customers’ service related issues and resolve through to completion. Use technical knowledge to advise customers of appropriate and complimentary upgrades to their equipment.
3. Operate equipment in a laboratory environment for demonstration purposes and to fault find / analyse equipment breakdowns/issues. Provide technical support expertise via phone / email and carry out preventative maintenance as and when required.
4. Interpret maintenance manuals, schematics and wiring diagrams as well as repairs equipment, utilizing electronics knowledge while using standard test instruments and hand tools.
5. Utilise your electro-mechanical engineering skills to fault find and repair down to component level on a variety of instrumentation and equipment on customer sites.
6. International travel to customer sites - mainly in Europe
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Field Service Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant qualifications in an Engineering discipline - Preferably Electrical / Electronic Engineering
2. Previous experience working in a customer facing, field service engineer role and familiar with all aspects of customer service including commissioning, repairs and service.
3. Previous hands on experience providing planned and reactive maintenance on electro-mechanical equipment/instrumentation.
4. Experience in Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Laboratory or other highly regulated environments is desirable but not essential.
Key Words: Field Service Engineer | Electro-Mechanical | Electronics | Analytical | Instrumentation | Engineer | Measurement Equipment | Testing Equipment | Laboratory | Service Engineer | Customer Support Engineer | GMP | Pharmaceutical | Life Science |
Other jobs with similar skills
Field Service Engineer
Hampshire | £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join a leading Biopharmaceutical equipment supplier. As the Field Service Engineer you will be based in Hampshire and attend custom...Science
View & Apply
Chromatography Method Development Chemist
Yorkshire | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced Chromatography Method Development Chemist looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Chromatography Method Development Chemist to join a leadi...Science
View & Apply