Job Reference: J5636376
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Formulation Scientist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Nottingham area. As the Formulation Scientist you will conduct formulation development work including pre-formulation and formulation characterisation whilst supporting development and validation of radiolabelling methods for clinical studies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Formulation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will transfer formulation and radiolabelling methods into GMP clinical manufacturing, with input on manufacturing protocols, validation criteria and other key parameters and write experimental protocol and reports.
2. The Formulation Scientist will work in a safe responsible manner at all times and towards the implementation of GLP and GMP whilst keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken.
3. Another responsibility will be to plan experiments and write protocols, according to an agreed work schedule as well as carry out routine cleaning and general laboratory maintenance duties, as required.
4. Your duty as the Formulation Scientist will be to store, use and dispose Radioactive Isotopes in line with regulatory requirements and PP SOPs, to include liaising with Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) or nominated Deputy on any radiation protection issues that may arise.
5. You will also plan experiments and write protocols, according to an agreed work schedule, prepare and characterise formulations and communicate progress of in vitro and in vivo projects effectively to senior managers or the companys staff as required.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Formulation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other related subjects.
2. Proven industry experience in product and formulation development within a GMP environment.
3. Knowledge on pediatric product development would be desirable.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.