J562725City of LondonIS&T Permanent£40,000 to £50,000 per annum - dependent on experienceFull Time17/08/2018IT R&D Statistics IT - Statistics IT - Software Development
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Innovation Technology Project Manager We are currently looking for a Innovation Technology Project Manager to join a leading life sciences company based in the Slough, Berkshire, you will ... View Job
Software Developer We are currently looking for a Software Developer - Ruby On Rails to join a leading life sciences company based in the Manchester area. As the Softwar... View Job
Front End Web Developer We are currently looking for a Front End Web Developer to join a leading e-commerce company based in the Leeds, West Yorkshire area. As the Front End ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Genetic Data Scientist to join an exciting start-up company based in the London area. As the Genetic Data Scientist you will be responsible for:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Genetic Data Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Genetic Data Scientist you will apply genetic, statistical and algorithmic methods to produce insights in the field of health.
2. You will analyse genetic data and population data and evaluate genetic biomarkers.
3. As the Genetic Data Scientist you will contribute to the development of data storage solutions and web applications for the storage, retrieval and analysis of genetic and phenotypic information.
4. You will be responsible for and be hands-on with all aspect of genetic data science which will involve working closely with genetics, computing and software development teams.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Genetic Data Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will have a relevant PhD or Masters degree in a relevant field such as: genetics, genomics, population genetics, bioinformatics, systems biology or similar.
2. As the Genetic Data Scientist you will have proven industry experience in the field of population genetics and working with applied bioinformatics using genetic identification, filtering, annotations and functional characterization.
3. You will have a working knowledge and practical experience with programming languages and statistical analysis methods such as R and bash scripting (Python) combined with in-depth knowledge of software for genetics (eg., PLINK, cftools).
Key Words: PLINK, vcftools, bcftools, picard tools, kggseq, SNPEff, Annovar, R, Python, software, genetics, genomics, data analysis, data science, pipelines, SNP, data banks, bioinformatics, informatics, biology, science, research, discovery, Excel, analysis, biomarker, bayesian statistics, epigenomic, disease, molecular,pathology, health
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.