Relationship Development Director
We are currently looking for a Relationship Development Director to join LGC's world-leading National Measurement Laboratory to support and accelerate... View Job
Analytical Services Manager
We are currently looking for an Analytical Services Manager to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Northamptonshire area. As the Analyti... View Job
Operations Manager - Chemistry
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Operations Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Lanarkshire area. A... View Job
We are currently looking for a Government Chemist to join a world-leading National Measurement and Contract Testing Organisation based in Teddington, Middlesex. As the Government Chemist you will act as an independent and impartial referee, to input, approve and provide advice to HM Government and the wider analytical community, on measurement issues as relates to regulation and policy. This is a unique and exciting opportunity where you will serve on the board of LGC Limited, as the Government Chemist and on the LGC Leadership Team. This is a Government appointment for a period of five years, which would require you to commit to approximately five days a month.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Government Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide on-going definition of the capabilities, systems and infrastructure required by LGC to preserve the standing and independence and impartiality of the Office of the Government Chemist and the fulfilment of the function of the Government Chemist. In doing so you will develop and mentor a delivery team with the skills and impartiality necessary to maintain the standing of the office of the Government Chemist.
2. You will review and approve certificates of analysis relating to the referee role of the Government Chemist, while ensuring that LGC fulfils its duty and maintains its credibility; independence and impartiality as the Referee Analyst, or Authorised Analyst under the relevant legislation.
3. Implement and maintain appropriate guidelines dealing with potential conflicts of interest and be a subject matter expert in legislation, enforcement practices and trends such that responses to consultations can be internally commissioned and reviewed for submission.
4. As Government Chemist you will provide insight, knowledge and advice to HM Government and the wider analytical community on the analytical chemistry implications on matters of concerns of the public, policy, standards and regulation. You will also oversee and approve the production of an annual Government Chemist report for submission to BEIS (Director of the National Measurement System Directorate) and UK Parliament
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Government Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree / PhD in a scientific discipline (i.e. Chemistry / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology etc) with extensive experience in modern analytical / measurement science and a proven balanced knowledge of the workings and priorities of industry, academia and Government, with the proven ability to interface effectively both at senior Governmental and senior Management level.
2. You will have an in-depth technical experience and awareness of modern analytical techniques, with an ability to be forward thinking with respect to the trends in analytical science and their relevance to Government policy.
3. As the Government Chemist it is expected that you will have an acknowledged reputation and credibility within the scientific community, a member of an appropriate recognised professional body, with an awareness and understanding of the wider policy issues affecting the chemical and food sectors.
Key Words: Government Chemist / Analytical / Measurement Science / Government Chemist / Scientific Community / Analytical Expert / Chemistry / Molecular Biology / Senior Leadership / Scientific Expert.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.