Job Reference: J5633738
Updated On: 18/09/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Group Leader - Drug Discovery to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Oxford area. As the Group Leader - Drug Discovery you will be responsible for leading the Drug Discovery for Rare Diseases such as genetic metabolic disease. You will lead a team focused on identification and advancement of novel therapeutics and will liaise closely with the senior leadership team to ensure the successful development of the drug pipeline.
This role would suit and experienced Scientist with hands on experience of working in the drug discovery of rare disease.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Group Leader - Drug Discovery will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead and develop a team of Rare Disease scientists focused on in vitro testing and advancement of exosome-based drugs to treaty lysosomal and metabolic rare diseases.
2. Take a hands on approach to deliver project time points and collaborate effectively with other R&D groups and in vivo modelling teams.
3. Be responsible for the resolution of all technical and scientific issues and ensure early visibility and awareness of risk.
4. Work cross functionally and build a strong working relationship with Finance, IP, Legal and business development teams in addition to other research groups and departments
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Group Leader - Drug Discovery we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a life sciences discipline (Rare disease, Pharmacology, Drug Discovery etc.) in addition to extensive post doctoral experience in academia, or ideally, industry.
2. Proven industry experience in a Drug Discovery environment where you have ideally worked on genetic metabolic diseases or other rare diseases. You will ideally have experience of advancing drugs from inception to at least IND/CTA.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with leading a group of Drug Discovery scientists where you have driven projects, line managed, and collaborated with other internal departments for the progression of rare disease therapeutics.
Key Words: Group Leader | Drug Discovery | Rare Disease | Exosome | Lysosome | Genetic Metabolic | Metabolic Diseases | Leadership | Management | R&D | Target Validation | Mechanism of Action
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Protein and Enzyme Drug Discovery
Belfast | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist with experience of Protein Drug Discovery to join a leading Pharmaceutical company who focus on research driven drug discovery based in the Belfast area...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - Gene Editing
London | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Gene Editing to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in London. As the Senior Scientist - Gene Editing you will be responsible for intr...Science
View & Apply
Research Associate - Cellular Biologist
Newcastle Upon Tyne | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Research Associate - Cellular Biologist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the North of the UK. As the Research Associate - Cellular Biologist you will be ...Science
View & Apply