Job Reference: J5637412
Status: Under Offer
Hyper Recruitment Solutions have partnered with an exciting and new, data driven, start-up Biotechnology company based in South Cambridgeshire. We have partnered with this Cancer Research Biotechnology company to identify their new Group Leader of Target Discovery and Validation. As the Group Leader - Target Validation you will be responsible for leading a lab based team focused on the validation of cancer therapeutic targets identified through state-of-the-art AI data analysis of integrated experimental data sets.
Though early on, this start-up company has developed a platform from 10 years+ research into data mining cancer targets and is using this propriety technology to expedite the Drug Discovery research and have the aim move into clinical trails in the next two years!!!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven Target Identification and Validation leader to set up their own team within a Series A financed, AI and data driven, precision Oncology Biotech. You will have the opportunity to work closely with company leaders to support future funding rounds, building collaboration and alliances as well as the further development of their platform to push the boundaries of cancer treating concepts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Group Leader - Target Validation will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead a new and growing Target Validation team focused on investigating and researching data driven hypotheses around potential Cancer Targets for both combination therapies and novel Oncology Therapeutics.
2. Design, develop and execute Cell Biology experiments to validate identified targets as well as support the discovery of novel targets.
3. Grow a team of experienced and enthusiastic Drug Discovery Scientists and Cell Biologists who are passionate and laser focused on getting cutting-edge cancer drugs to patients as soon as possible.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Group Leader - Target Validation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biological discipline (Biology, Cancer Research, Drug Discovery, Biotechnology etc.) in addition to previous experience of working in a Drug Discovery environment, ideally with a focus on Target Identification, Target Discovery, Target Validation and/or Target Screening environment.
2. Proven industry experience in leading Target Validation Projects. Extensive Cell Biology experience (Cell Culture; Plate-based Assays, Cell Line Development, CRISPR etc.) is required. Having previously lead a Target Validation Group would benefit your application.
3. Show ambition and drive as well as an understanding and desire to work in an early phase start-up Biotech where you understand the needs and possible pressures of a fast moving, patient focused Drug Discovery company.
Key Words: Drug Discovery | Target ID | Target Identification | Target Discovery | Target Validation | Target Screening | CRISPR Screening | High Through Put Screening | Cell biology | Cancer Biology | Oncology | Platform Development | Cell Culture | Assay Development | Group Leader | Team Leader | Manager | Head of Biology
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Science, Drug Discovery
Skills: Biochemistry - Development / Validation, Life Sciences - Cellular Biology, Life Sciences - Molecular Biology, R&D - R&D - Pharma / Biotech - Manager, Life Sciences - Cell Culture