J5630668Capital Region - HöfuðborgarsvæðiBiotechnology CRO/CMO Science PermanentExperience DependentFull Time03/01/2019Biochemistry Biochemistry – Purification Biochemistry – Characterisation Biochemistry – Development / Validation Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing Technology Transfer
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Head of Programme Management We are currently looking for a Head of Programme Management to join a growing drug discovery and development company based in the UK. The location of ... View Job
Gene Therapy Operations Director We are currently looking for a Gene Therapy Operations Director to join a leading company based in the South East of England. As the Gene Therapy Oper... View Job
Downstream Senior Research Associate We are currently looking for a Downstream Senior Research Associate to join a leading Antibody research company based Cambridgeshire. As the Downstrea... View Job
HRS are currently searching for a Head of Downstream Processing (DSP) to join a fast growing Biopharmaceuitcal company based in Iceland!
As the Head of Downstream Processing you will be accountable for providing technical, scientific leadership and guidance to team members to ensure the efficient development and characterization of an optimized downstream process for the product pipeline.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Downstream Processing will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for keeping the DSP team engaged, motivated, enabled and empowered to achieve the downstream development schedule.
2. Accountable for ensuring team members are fully encouraged and enabled to continually progress their skills and knowledge to facilitate cross-learning, succession planning, and staff retention.
3. Proactively establish collaborative, constructive, and affable cross-functional working relationships throughout the business to enable (for example) process, operational or improvement issues to be resolved or completed promptly and effectively as and when they arise.
4. Utilise both a QbD (quality by design) and DoE (design of experiment) approach to develop, scale up, and troubleshoot development activities and support manufacturing.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of DSP we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science / Biotechnology discipline along with experience leading and managing teams within Downstream Processing.
2. Proven industry experience working within a Biopharmaceutical manufacturing, development or tech transfer organisation is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with downstream purification of biopharmaceuticals is also required to be successful in this application.
Key Words: Head of Downstream Processing, DSP, Bioprocess, Biopharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Process Development, DoE, QbD, Manager, Director, Monoclonal Antibody, Biosimilar
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.