J3390BerkshireScience Contract / Temporary / Interim£50,000 to £80,000 per annumFull Time10/02/2017Microbiology – Pharmaceutical
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Quality Control Microbial Analyst
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Quality Control Microbial Analyst to join a leading life sciences company based in the Somerset are... View Job
QC Microbiology Technician
An exciting opportunity has become available for a QC Microbiology Technician to join a leading life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area.... View Job
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiologist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Buckinghamshire area. As the QC Microbiologist ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Head of Microbiology to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the area. As the Head of Microbiology you will be responsible for providing strong leadership and supporting the QC Microbiology teams for the site and for external customers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Microbiology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead, manage and develop the QC Microbiology Teams to ensure Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People Compliance in a GMP environment.
2. This will include line management responsibility of Microbiology Group Leaders and relevant SME's. You'll also be responsible for testing schedules, controlling bottleneck processes and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity and flexibility within QC.
3. Leading the daily governance of departmental safety and GMP compliance to deliver a safe and GMP compliant workplace.
4. Maintaining effective end-to-end process control mechanisms and performance metrics to deliver breakthrough performance in process control, EHS, GMP compliance, quality, cost, people management and customer service.
5. Engaging with customers as the face of the QC management team and when required, host facility GMP compliance audits for the QC laboratories.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Microbiology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Scientific Discipline.
2. Substantial and proven industry experience in Microbiology with Life Science, Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical companies.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with providing Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Microbiology leadership in a diverse and challenging team.
Key Words: Microbiology / SME / Quality / Quality Assurance / Quality Control / Head of QC / Head of Microbiology / Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences / Biopharmaceutical / GMP / Compliance / Audit / QC Microbiology / Leadership / Manager / Team Leader
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.