Microbiology Technician We are currently looking for multiple Microbiology Technicians to join a leading company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Microbiology Technician y... View Job
Microbiology Technician We are currently looking for a Microbiology Technician to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Essex. As the Microbiology Technician, you wi... View Job
Microbiology Section Supervisor Are you an experienced Microbiology Supervisor looking for an exciting new challenge?We are currently looking for a Microbiology Section Supervisor to... View Job
We are currently looking for a Head of Microbiology to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Head of Microbiology you will be responsible for providing strong leadership and supporting the internal QC Microbiology teams and external customers while delivering the highest standards of quality within the manufacturing facility.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Microbiology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead, manage and develop the QC Microbiology Teams to ensure Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People Compliance in a GMP environment.
2. This will include line management responsibility of Microbiology Group Leaders and relevant SME's. You will also be responsible for testing schedules, controlling bottleneck processes and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity and flexibility within QC.
3. Leading the daily governance of departmental safety and GMP compliance to deliver a safe and GMP compliant workplace.
4. Maintaining effective end-to-end process control mechanisms and performance metrics to deliver breakthrough performance in process control, EHS, GMP compliance, quality, cost, people management and customer service.
5. Engaging with customers as the face of the QC management team and when required, host facility GMP compliance audits to drive excellence across the QC laboratories.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Microbiology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Scientific Discipline and substantial industry experience in Microbiology within a Life Science, Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical organisation.
2. Practical experience with providing Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Microbiology leadership in a diverse and challenging team is essential to your application.
3. Implementation of environmental monitoring systems within a sterile/ GMP compliant environment as well as experience carrying out risk assessments and gap analysis.
Key Words: Microbiology / SME / Quality / Quality Assurance / Quality Control / Head of QC / Head of Microbiology / Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences / Biopharmaceutical / GMP / Compliance / Audit / QC Microbiology / Leadership / Manager / Team Leader