QC Project Manager - Life Sciences We are currently have a brand new and exciting opportunity for a QC Project Manager to join a leading life sciences company based in the Berkshire are... View Job
Project Manager - Biotech We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Project Manager you will ... View Job
Project Manager - Life Sciences Are you an experienced scientist with formal project management experience looking for a new challenge within the life sciences / pharmaceutical secto... View Job
Are you an experienced Operations Manager with experience working in the biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry looking for an immediate move within the biopharmaceutical sector?
We are currently looking for a Head of Operations - Biologics to join a leading company based in the County Durham area for a fixed term period of 12 months. As the Head of Operations - Biologics you will be responsible for delivering operational excellence now and in the future for the Biologics platform. To develop the focus of the Operations team to reflect the increasing requirement for scaled-up, proven manufacturing processes that are capable of delivering the requirements of our customers and the market as they approach commercialisation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Operations - Biologics will be varied however a summary of the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide functional leadership to the Biologics team, enabling the delivery of operational excellence. You will define and deliver operational excellence across Biologics platform through developing quality of processes, setting and maintaining standards of work and building team capability to meet customer expectation.
2. You will provide high quality strategic and budgetary input ensuring that the planning and forecasting of the budget is as accurate as possible.
3. To ensure management systems are in place, are communicated and are followed, to deliver industry standard norms in respect of safety, risk, quality and delivery. You will create a strong operations focus to deliver revenue and profit growth and capability development to UK industry.
4. Lead the development and delivery of Biologics operational strategy, including all aspects of equipment, capabilities and facilities.
5. To lead the development of the team, including coaching managers to enable the needs and expectations of commercial partners to be met or exceeded.
A full copy of the job description can be provided on application.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Operations - Biologics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (at least) in a chemical, biology or related discipline with subsequent relevant experience.
2. Proven industry experience of progressing chemical or biochemical processes successfully from development to scaled demonstration. You will be expected to demonstrate experience of pro-active and pre-emptive problem solving within industrial bio-processing or bio-refining environments.
3. Additional experience with continuous improvement, operational excellent, commerical awareness/accumen and staff leadership skills will also be assessed.
Key Words: Biopharmaceuticals | pharmaceuticals | Head of Operations | Operational Excellence | Scale-up | Bioprocessing | leadership | management
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.