J3569ManchesterEngineering Permanent£50,000 to £60,000 per annumFull Time16/02/2017Professional Services - Supply Chain
Professional Services - Purchasing
Professional Services - Procurement
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
We are currently looking for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire ... View Job
Head of Validation
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Head of Validation to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Hea... View Job
We are currently looking for a QA Analyst to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Surrey area. As the QA Analyst you will be responsible... View Job
We are currently looking for a Head of Supply Chain to join a leading process manufacturing business based in the Manchester area. As the Head of Supply Chain you will be responsible for all aspects of materials from raw material purchases and delivery through to shipments to customers. You will act as the owner of the ERP system and oversees procurement, production planning, scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Supply Chain will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for all aspects of the ERP system. Directs planning of procurement and raw materials including subcontracted services.
2. Responsible for inventory accuracy, forecasting and stock turns for finished goods, raw materials, packaging, PPE and consumables.
3. Ensure that all aspects of the procurement and material management processes are functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities due to availability of materials.
4. Responsible for purchasing of all raw materials, packaging, transport, PPE and consumables, but excluding engineering parts/contracts. You will ensure efficient and accurate MRP functionality on site.
5. Identify primary and alternative sources for each raw material required and encourages suppliers to remain competitive to achieve best value. Monitors prices of all major raw materials, analyses the impact based upon annual usage and reports to management for budgetary purposes.
6. Management of suppliers. This includes negotiating prices and terms, the selection of suppliers and any issues that may arise.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Supply Chain we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree qualification in a supply chain, business management, finance or related discipline. MCIPS is also desirable.
2. Proven management experience of purchasing, including the purchasing of technical materials/product within a process manufacturing environment such as plastics, polymers, chemicals or similar.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with implementing ERP and MRP systems
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.