J4780ManchesterEngineering Permanent£50,000 to £60,000 per annumFull Time17/11/2017Professional Services - Supply Chain Professional Services - Purchasing Professional Services - Procurement
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Validation Engineer An exciting opportunity for a Validation Engineer to join a leading company based in the Kent area has become available. As the Validation Engineer yo... View Job
Technical Director A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Technical Director to join a global plastic manufacturing business based in the Manchester area. Re... View Job
Electro=Mechanical Engineer We are currently looking for several Electro-Mechanical Engineer's to join a global speciality chemical manufacturing business, based in the Essex are... View Job
We are currently looking for a Head of Supply Chain to join a leading process manufacturing business based in the Manchester area. As the Head of Supply Chain you will be responsible for all aspects of materials from raw material purchases and delivery through to shipments to customers. You will act as the owner of the ERP system and oversees procurement, production planning, scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Supply Chain will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for all aspects of the ERP system. Directs planning of procurement and raw materials including subcontracted services.
2. Responsible for inventory accuracy, forecasting and stock turns for finished goods, raw materials, packaging, PPE and consumables.
3. Ensure that all aspects of the procurement and material management processes are functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities due to availability of materials.
4. Responsible for purchasing of all raw materials, packaging, transport, PPE and consumables, but excluding engineering parts/contracts. You will ensure efficient and accurate MRP functionality on site.
5. Identify primary and alternative sources for each raw material required and encourages suppliers to remain competitive to achieve best value. Monitors prices of all major raw materials, analyses the impact based upon annual usage and reports to management for budgetary purposes.
6. Management of suppliers. This includes negotiating prices and terms, the selection of suppliers and any issues that may arise.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Supply Chain we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree qualification in a supply chain, business management, finance or related discipline. MCIPS is also desirable.
2. Proven management experience of purchasing, including the purchasing of technical materials/product within a process manufacturing environment such as plastics, polymers, chemicals or similar.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with implementing ERP and MRP systems.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.